Free Personality Test

BizTips

Career Building and Development, Employement, Job Search Tips

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Is career cruising too frightening for you? Part I

Imagine this career cruising scenario: You are dedicated to your career. You always give 110 percent. You work long hours, make countless sacrifices for the job and earn good money.

What about the rest of your life? Are you working so much that you do not have a life anymore?

Giving the same energy to both your work and personal life is a tough balancing act. You can achieve balance if you know which questions to ask and where to go for answers but you need a plan.

To be able to cruise smoothly in your career and personal life, you have to:

Adjust your perspective. Remember that is just a job. Achieving success in your career enables you to live your life to the fullest, not the other way around.

Doing a good job at work while creating a valuable life outside work is worth the effort.

Here are some tips for balancing the career and life scales:

1. Set Priorities

Ask yourself some tough questions: What is most important to me; family, friends, work, or myself? What am I good at? Am I career cruising in the right direction? Is my job helping me reach my goals in life?

If you discover that your priorities are out of focus, then it is time to bring them back into alignment. Take an inventory of your life.

Gain an Unfair Advantage in Career Development using the tips in this Interview Guide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

[prefs.setac_phrase]